jun 23, please help me, followup question

Hello Doc,

I had a question but before posting it, decided to browse and check out previous Q & A's.

I found that on jun 23, (please help me) is exactly the questions I want to ask. Question 1 you have answered, but Ques 2 you have not. I think I know what was being asked...let me elaborate.

What he meant was if symptoms related to ARS, persist for a longer period of time (greater than 3 weeks, when normally it lasts from 1-2 weeks) and if one realizes that "it's been more than 3 months since the risky exposure and the classy symptoms still persist"(swollen glands everywhere, body pain, fatigue, diarrhea) does it IN ANY WAY SUGGEST THAT THESE symptoms could be non-hiv symptoms ??

This very thing is happening with me. I tested neg at 62 days ( I had no symptoms then) and am awaiting my results at 100 days.

Please answer,

Worried Sick.

Hello Worried Sick,

Sorry, but the question is still confusing to me. So you are wondering if "classy" symptoms (although I never thought of diarrhea as being classy, but . . . ) that persist for more than 3 weeks "IN ANY WAY SUGGEST THAT THESE" symptoms could be non-HIV symptoms? That just doesn't make any sense to me. The seroconversion reaction symptoms can vary quite a bit from person to person. So if a person's seroconversion symptoms last longer than 14 days, does this mean it's not HIV? No, nothing in medicine or life is that cut and dry. The only way to tell if you are HIV-positive or not is to take the test. I'm glad you're negative at 62 days. That's encouraging and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you that your 100-day test will likewise be negative. Stop trying to second-guess your chances of being positive based on the timing of symptoms. That's worse than trying to time the stock market!

The extremely rare cases???
getting hiv by using condom