HIV negative after 6 months but still scared

Dear Frascino,

I read some of your replies. It's people like you who really make a difference to everyone with or without HIV/AIDS. Well done!

I had 2 sexual encounters about a year ago with 2 prostitutes and was scared to death when spots started breaking out on my body even though I wore condoms. I tested HIV negative twice after 3 months and 6 months after that. I was so relieved, the replies on your discussion board helped me through that difficult period.

I recently fell ill with flu, fever, sore throat, fatigue & congjunctivitis. It's been going on and off for a month. Is there any reason I should suspect I might be HIV positive even though the last test I had came back negative.

Regards,

Gary

Hey Gary,

Thanks for your kind words! You wore condoms for your sexual adventures and have negative HIV tests out to 6 months. So your risk was essentially non-existent and your HIV tests confirm you are not infected. So the recent flu, fever, sore throat, fatigue, conjunctivitis must be related to something else, perhaps a common cold or flu virus. Perhaps a sinus infections? Perhaps allergies? Perhaps lots of stuff, but certainly, absolutely, positively NOT HIV. See your doctor if symptoms are persistent or recurrent. He or she should be able to treat the cause and fix you right up! At any rate, you have absolutely no reason to think it's HIV. Hope that helps. Feel better, OK?

ars rash or poison ivy???
The extremely rare cases???