Thank you for your response, please read this!!!

Dr. Bob, Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my previous question (Are the ELISA for hiv and the ELISA for Lyme the same thing?). I know how busy you are and the numerous questions you receive, and I sincerely appreciate your answers and the work that you do. After re-reading my question, I realize now that I was not clear on my possible exposure. To clarify, it was unprotected vaginal sex with my fiance' (at the time) with no ejaculation. We used condoms for the first year, then after our engagement and our "supposed" negative HIV tests, we no longer used them. We had this unprotected sex approximately 10 times before I ended the relationship b/c I found he was not trustworthy. I then became obsessed with the idea that since he had lied about other things, he possibly lied about testing Hiv negative or even getting the test done. I'm going out on a limb here and asking you for one final response. Was my behavior very risky? Can pre-semen transmit the virus? Also, my SED rate at the time of the CBC was 4. I was told that if I in fact was infected with Hiv, my SED rate would be higher than 4. Is this true? I will get tested b/c of what you said to me, but I need to get up the courage first. This all occured almost 2 years ago and it still haunts me. You are truly a wonderful man, and I can't help but wonder if you truly grasp the depth of the impact you have on so many desperate souls. God bless you!!

Hello again,

Unprotected vaginal sex 10 times without ejaculation carries a relatively low risk. Anal or vaginal receptive (with ejaculation) sex carries a much greater risk. The odds of your being negative are very definitely in your favor! Although you certainly can't count on a sed rate to determine if you're HIV infected or not, it's nice to know yours is normal. Can pre-semen transmit the virus? Well theoretically it is possible, but not highly likely. It's time to stop letting these fears haunt you. I know you've got the courage to get tested. There is an excellent chance the results will be negative. I'll be waiting for your WOOHOO!

MIRACLE MAN HOW DO U DO IT?
Barcelona