MIRACLE MAN HOW DO U DO IT?

Dearest Miracle Man, How do you do it seriously? You have managed to stay so strong and optimistic while having been unjustly infected, i am at a loss of words to describe how almost holy in my eyes and the eyes of all of us at the body who congratulate and salute you for everything you do. Having this condition is no joke. Doesn't it seem to you ever that you're down by ten goals in the world cup and time is about to run out? What i need to know is how you manage to overcome and deal with these factors. I know that any words you say can only help lift my crushed spirit.

KS LESIONS, when will there be any cure that completely takes this away?

Wasting: lipoatrophy and lipodystrophy...in our lifetime will there ever be something that will turn the tide and prevent us from looking scary. Why do medications cause such toxic effects and deformations as this?

B Cell Cancers as NHL: Anti-Virals may delay OIs but what drugs are being developed to prevent the occurence of B Cell type of cancers.

Why doesnt the FDA push testing of HE2000 and other immune stimulators?

Miracle Man, if anyone can change this defeating email into some hope you are that voice. Please accept this challenge and post it:-) Not only are you one man's hero, but you are the hope of my future!

If I could give part of my body to cure you, I would. :-)

Once Proud and Now Defeated

Hello Once Proud,

How do I do it seriously? Well, actually I don't! Usually I do it with a smile on my face. Don't you?

As for being unjustly infected, I really don't feel I'm any more guilty or innocent than anyone else living with this virus. I don't know anyone who wanted to contract HIV. We are all equal in my eyes.

True, having this condition is no joke. However, as Paul Rudnick said, "Only money, rage, and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can made the nightmare bearable."

Down by 10 goals and time running out??? No problem. Remember, it's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game. Perhaps another way of putting it is that we can't choose the cards we are dealt in the game of life; however, you can choose how to play those cards!

Your spirit isn't crushed; it's just been knocked down a bit. I think spirits are essentially uncrushable, like a sponge, they can spring back into shape! OK, on to your questions:

1. K.S. A cure that takes the lesions away? Well, we are not there yet, but very significant progress has been made. First off, we now understand the role of the herpes virus that triggers KS. Second, we've see KS lesions melt away as the immune system is restored by potent anti-HIV medications. Third, the chemotherapy drugs used to treat certain types of KS are becoming more targeted, more effective, and less toxic. 2. Lipodystrophy/lipoatrophy are still somewhat of a mystery. At least we've yelled loud enough that research is now underway to try to better understand these conditions. I'm not crazy about the new "AIDS look" either. Actually, I didn't mind wearing my AIDS battle scars on my face for quite some time. My lover told me it gave my face character. Well, character is one thing, but I really hadn't planned on looking like a Shar Pei (wrinkle dog) before I was 50! Besides, it was getting difficult to shave in and out of all those skin folds. So, I've begun New Fill injections to puff out my hollow cheeks. We'll see if I wind up looking more like Tom Cruise or Tammy Faye Baker! 3. NLH and B-Cell Cancers. Well, drugs probably won't help here unless the drugs are designed to reconstitute a failing or deficient immune system. The immune system is our best line of defense against these types of cancers, so the focus must be on preserving or restoring immune function. And we are getting better at that. 4. HE2000 is a compound being developed by Hollis Eden Pharmaceuticals. It's a DHEA derivative with the theoretical ability to improve the functionality of impaired T-cell responses. Does it work? Too early to tell. The FDA doesn't "push" anything except paper! We'll keep you posted on developments with this and other potential immune-based therapies.

Sure, I'll accept your challenge and post your e-mail, but now you've got to do something for me. OK? As Aretha Franklin says, "It's time for a new attitude." I want you to let that wounded spirit of yours sore once again with both hope and optimism.

As for giving me a part of your body, well, what size biceps do you have? OK, I bet you're smiling, right? Keep that smile, and if things get tough, just remember we are in this together, OK?

Once Proud, if I can work miracles, I want the next one to be to make you Proud (and Hopeful) Once Again.

Thank You Dr. Bob !
Thank you for your response, please read this!!!