Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank You Dr. Bob !
Jun 30, 2002

Hi Dr Bob,

I've been reading this, and a couple of other formus on this site for a few months now, and Today after months of worrying about being infected I went to the clinic and got tested. I just got the -ve result back an hour ago.

I had the possible exposure 3 years ago this month (Unprotected Oral sex on a woman of unknown status). For the last 3 years I have become a nervous wreck and I haven't had any sex since the incident because I was so worried about giving it to someone. After reading so many of your answers to people like myself I finally got the courage to go and get myself tested. I'm so glad I did. Thanks so much Dr. Bob for helping me face up to my fears. I realise now HIV wasn't my problem but a case of a chronic anxiety attack which almost completely took over my life.

I also promissed myself that if I got a -ve result I'd give up smoking, so that no my next challenge.

I would really like to send a donation to your foundation, I'm sure you have helped change the lives of many people and will continue to do so.

Thanks again Dr. Rob, I only wish more doctors could be as Kind, understanding and as supportive as you.

Good luck, and as you always say Stay well

UK Guy2

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello UK Guy 2,

No sex for 3 years? Well no wonder you were a nervous wreck!!!

Yes, please give up those cigarettes; smoking is a much greater risk to anxious worried wells than HIV!

OK, now that the HIV anxiety is gone and the cigarettes are (or soon will be) gone, it's time to celebrate. WOOHOO!!! Take your favorite gal for a romantic weekend. You've got 3 years of missed nookie to make up for, but remember to play safe. We don't want another 3-year dry spell. It's bad for the plumbing!

Congratulations UK Guy 2, and many thanks for the donation to The Foundation.

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Direct wiring instructions:

Mellon Bank Pittsburgh, P.A. ABA # 043000261 Credit ML Account Number 101-1730 Further Credit to: Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation Account # 830-04C48 Swift number MELN US 3P

The wiring instructions for international transfers are the same as for domestic transfers except they need to add on the SWIFT number.

Stay well,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank your from the bottom of my heart!!
Next
MIRACLE MAN HOW DO U DO IT?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.