About Dr Bob

Just curious about yourself. How long did it take you to test antibody positive? Also if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been infected? Most important of all, how do you feel? You spend all of this time hearing our complaints and worries, I think all of us would love to know a little about your situation if you don't mind. I wish you well Dr. Bob!!!

Thank you for inquiring about my health. No, I don't mind you asking at all. I was infected in January of 1991. I was performing a medical procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS and sustained a hollow-bore needle stick and laceration. I took AZT within moments of the incident, but still had a seroconversion reaction a few weeks later followed by my positive antibody test. How do I feel? Well, I'm very grateful to be alive and so I feel very lucky! Sure, I've had the usual list of HIV-related problems - kidney stones from Crixivan, neuropathy from Zerit, severe allergic reaction to Sustiva, lipodystrophy, fatigue, etc., etc., etc. But, I really prefer to focus my attention on all the wonderful things in my life - my amazing life partner Dr. Steve Natterstad (The Body's expert in the Tratamientos Forum), music, incredible friends and family, my pet standard poodle Presto, the work of my foundation, warm starry nights, Starbucks coffee, etc., etc., etc. Sure, I have to take 7926 pills a year . . . . but that's only my Viagra!

I truly believe I have a wonderful life. In many ways, I have never felt more or alive or content.

Thanks for all the well wishes. They seem to be working!

You made a difference for me (but still doubts remain)
blood levels