Quick little follow-up to HIV and Herpes

Hello, Doc. I greatly appreciate your response to my question about herpes and hiv just recently posted. Your answer was very clear and reassured me in so many ways. I did want to ask a follow up question since I did not ask it specifically in the original post. The other man was masterbating himself just before he gave me the anal finger play as well as before he was using his hand on my penis. Would this make you more concerned or would it still be safer or less of a threat than the insertive oral? I have also lost about 10 pounds of weight since all of this started so I am still concerned. Plus, I woke up with the worst reflux and heartburn ever this morning and tonsil is still swollen with sore throat AFTER taking antibiotics. I just recently got another test result that would have been at least 7 or maybe 10 weeks post exposure (time-line is fuzzy), and it was a negative. I will test again in a few weeks once I KNOW it has been at least 12-13 weeks. I saw that you are an immunologist, could getting herpes recently (january) effect my tests due to my system trying to combat this new infection? I would think by 3 months is good either way, but I know that average or most people will show by 1 month. Would it take me a little longer since I have the herpes? I just want reassurance that the 7 weeks neg. is something good to go on before taking the 3 monther. I promise I wont bother you further with this. I really think that the safer sex forum (if not another forum altogether, such as, am I infected) should have more than one expert to handle the load so that you guys can stay dedicated to those infected. Again, thank you, thank you for responding to me and thanks for the positive insight and jovial attitude you bring to so many others in need.

Hello again,

A herpes infection will not alter HIV test results. The risk, even with the guy whacking off before he touched you, is still extremely low. Your rest results will continue to be negative. Your weight loss and heartburn are related to anxiety and stress. A therapist or counselor may be helpful in getting you to realize your fears are irrational. Now go have a hot fudge sundae and relax!

Stay well,

Hiv negative and unhappy?!
You made a difference for me (but still doubts remain)