Can't WOO HOOO

Dear Doctor,

Desperately want to WOOO HOOOO - but two problems....

1. I am British, and just what is this WOOO HOOOO thing?

2. Tested negative at 5 months post exposure - now obsessed that I am an awkward one and will wait to nearer six months to convert....symptoms like slight sore/red throat causing me to think of the pesky illness!!!

Any idea of possibility of testing positive after 5 months - thoroughly confused by different advice offered - especially as the majority of it is in Japanese, what with me living in Japan and all.

Thanks doctor for any advise, and anytime you want to taste the best sushi in the world - or just show that v.impressive smile of yours around this area, just let me know. I'm sure you can't really be a doctor with a smile like that (let alone a sense of humour!!)

Many thanks,

'What is a Wooo HOOO' Brit

Hello Brit in Japan,

WOOHOO is what folks say when they realize they are HIV-negative. The proper Queen's English British translation would be "Jolly Good WOOHOO!"

You should begin practicing this right away, because a negative test at 5 months, barring very unusual circumstances, means you are negative. Isn't that bloody good news? Doesn't it make you want to WOOHOO - oops, I mean Jolly Good WOOHOO??

Next time I come to Japan, I will expect not only some exquisite sushi, but also some sake to go with it!

Cheers!

Neuropathy and CVD
low b12