Jun 27, 2002
what are the symtoms of anemia, and would i need to go see a doctor to get tested?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Common symptoms of anemia include tiredness, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, paleness, headaches, decreased sex drive, weakness, exercise intolerance, fatigue, and inability to concentrate. Anemia is diagnosed with a blood test, which measures hemoglobin. The normal range for women is 12-16 g/dL and 14-18 g/dL for men. Since it is a blood test, yes, most people visit their doctor to have this done. Sometimes hemoglobin testing (finger prick method) is done at health fairs or community centers.
Hope that helps.
PLEASE HELP VERY, VERY DESPERATE
clarification from exteme fatigue
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.