Amother ? from worried sick . . .literally

I posted a question earlier today about thrombocytopenia, swollen parotids, etc. I know you like us to send our "Am I infected" questions to Ryan, and I did but he never answered - - I understand totally. I also tried some other experts as well. I hoping you can help this hopefully "worried well person." :)

I was reading through the posts and saw some info about low testoterone. Five months ago I went to a doc who practices homeopathic med and natural hormone replacement therapy. My labs showed low white count 2.6 and low ABS lymphocytes, which is the way they have been for the last 10 years. My WBC went up to 3.6 a month later without meds. I was once diagnosed with lupus many years ago but then they changed the dx to SS, which could explain the low counts. However, my labs also showed low testerone, cortisol, and thyroid. The doc is giving me DHEA, Armor thyroid, and progesterone cream. STill wondering if these are symptoms despite the 3 neg ELISA's. ALso, I forgot to to tell you when I had my platelet crash I also had really swollen feet, symmetrical swelling of my finger joints, and body stiffness. The doc thought it was autoimmune related. Just wondering about the need for more testing. There has been no risk since the first test four years ago. I'm still depressed and stressed but I'm praying for an answer from you. Thanks for being so compassionate and understanding.

Hello "Worried Well Person,"

Your symptoms are consistent with an autoimmune illness, most likely Sjogren's Syndrome and not HIV. Three negative ELISA's are further proof of that. I'm a bit concerned about your current homeopathic and natural hormone replacement therapy. Autoimmune disease can be difficult to treat. I would strongly recommend you see a Board Certified Rheumatologist or Immunologist. These are physicians specifically trained to manage these conditions.

Okay, you are gonna kick my but for this one
low thyroid