Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Okay, you are gonna kick my but for this one
Jun 27, 2002

Dr. Bob

How are u? Well, me mentally not all there. I was the chick who slept with the HIV+ man and didn't know but I used protection.....well after I got your wonderful e-mail I was jumping for joy and thanking God for having my e-mail answered by a wonderful man....WELL...after that the next day I got a pain in my right groin area I hurried up to my nurse at work and she said it was a little lymph node and when she pressed on it it hurt...she said maybe I had banged it and that it wasn't HIV related (you know I didn't believe her) and she said if it were HIV it would had been all over....well it lasted for 3 days and poof! gone. Then the next day I woke up with an irritated throat then I started sneezing and sniffling then of course you know what happened I LOST IT! I went to my shrink and therapist and they assured me it wasn't HIV (but of course I think otherwise) the sneezing, runny nose, irritated throat came on Saturday gone by Monday. Was this ARS I have 3 weeks to go until June 4 for my last test...I'm scared I used protection but I'm terrified....can you just answer this one last one for my sake....thank you..

With LOTS of Love, me

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "Me,"

Little lymph nodes that are gone (poof!) in 3 days, sniffling and sneezing, and irritated throat that resolves quickly, are not signs of ARS. You used protection. HIV cannot travel through latex! So put all this worry behind you - with the help of your shrink and therapist - and start jumping for joy once again. OK? You really are fine. Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Need some advice
Next
Amother ? from worried sick . . .literally

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.