Need some advice

I have developed a buffalo hump in the past year. I have gained considerable weight in that time, around 50lbs.!! I am anemic and have been for about 5 years now. There is one instance of exposure that I could of had and he is married now and to my knowledge having no problems. Over the past year I have come up with other problems like pain in my armpits for a few seconds at a time and a swollen throat gland that has hard yellow stuff come out of it at times. I did have cervical cancer five years ago and I was wondering if i should be tested and if any of these things could be related to HIV. I was an athlete and had a few shots to ease pain and took apin killers a lot in my youth. Could that have caused the hump?

Buffalo humps can be caused by several medical conditions, including something referred to as Syndrome X. Sounds like something Agents Mulder and Scully would be pursuing, doesn't it? Excessive fat deposition can also be caused by medications such as steroids. Finally, yes, buffalo humps can be caused by HIV and anti-HIV medications. If you have ever been at risk for acquiring HIV, yes, get tested. It may well be negative. If so, I'd suggest you see an endocrinologist, a physician who specializes in hormones. In addition, you should have routine follow-up with your ob/gyn doctor, because of your past history of cancer. Finally, you've been anemic for 5 years? Why? If the cause hasn't been determined, that needs to be investigated as well. There are many possible causes - iron or vitamin deficiencies, hereditary conditions, blood loss, medication side effects, etc. Write back if you are HIV-positive and need further advice.

Severe anemia and MAC
Okay, you are gonna kick my but for this one