Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

a cure for hiv!!!!!!!!
Jun 27, 2002

Im really happy that my 3 month test was negative, after I "lied" to the doctor telling him it was a needle prick rather that a one minute sex encounter with worker. interestingly in the three months I was waiting for my tests, i did a lot of research on traditional cures and came across this one guy who has claimed to cure Hiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats is your take on this? Traditional Indian meditation (yoga) with auto suggestion to the brain, the practitioner takes the patient to a trance like state similar to hypnotism and suggests to him "you do not hiv....you do not have hiv" this practise goes on every day for one-2 hours, for a period of 1 year after which the patient tests again for hiv and 90 of the time the patient is negative according to records!!!!!!!!!! whats your take on this?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Congratulations on your negative test results! Indian meditation auto suggestion to the brain to induce a trance-like state to cure HIV? He claims a 90 percent success rate? Wow! That sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?!? Well, that's the thing about so many of these types of claims. They sound too good to be true because they are too good to be true. I'm sure this yoga guy means well, but I can tell you with great certainty that auto-suggestion-hypnotism yoga is not a cure for HIV.

So my "take on this" is that I sincerely hope no one is taken in by these misleading claims.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob, you are my only hope...
Next
fatique and Elevated Pulse Rate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.