uneducated volunteer???

dr bob,

i am a 19 year old male from alaska and you have answered one of my questions before about my symptoms. i am only asking you this final question because i know i can count on a response from you. in march i had a brief vaginal unprotected sex encounter with a tijuana prostitute. after about 3 days i went to a clinic at my school and the woman working there told me that i had about a 50/50 chance of contracting HIV. could this false statement cause severe psychological stress, and would i be right in taking this matter to court??? thankyou so much for your time dr. bob i truely appreciate what you do for people.

sincerely, a very appreciative person for your advice.

Hello Alaskan Student,

No doubt the information you received from the woman working in the school health clinic was very wrong indeed. Should you take her to court? Well, that's up to you. It would be your word against hers. However, you might want to show her this reply and advise her to become better informed about HIV transmission and the statistical risks involved in order to avoid spreading any further misinformation. TheBody.com is an excellent site for her to learn the facts. She also owes you an apology!

Stay well, Mr. Alaska! I'll be taking a cruise up your way later in the summer and I'm very much looking forward to the sights in Glacier Bay!

worried well like hell-please doctor, help
Thank you for your compassion!