Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

uneducated volunteer???
Jun 25, 2002

dr bob,

i am a 19 year old male from alaska and you have answered one of my questions before about my symptoms. i am only asking you this final question because i know i can count on a response from you. in march i had a brief vaginal unprotected sex encounter with a tijuana prostitute. after about 3 days i went to a clinic at my school and the woman working there told me that i had about a 50/50 chance of contracting HIV. could this false statement cause severe psychological stress, and would i be right in taking this matter to court??? thankyou so much for your time dr. bob i truely appreciate what you do for people.

sincerely, a very appreciative person for your advice.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Alaskan Student,

No doubt the information you received from the woman working in the school health clinic was very wrong indeed. Should you take her to court? Well, that's up to you. It would be your word against hers. However, you might want to show her this reply and advise her to become better informed about HIV transmission and the statistical risks involved in order to avoid spreading any further misinformation. TheBody.com is an excellent site for her to learn the facts. She also owes you an apology!

Stay well, Mr. Alaska! I'll be taking a cruise up your way later in the summer and I'm very much looking forward to the sights in Glacier Bay!

Dr. Bob

Previous
worried well like hell-please doctor, help
Next
Thank you for your compassion!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.