Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

worried well like hell-please doctor, help
Jun 25, 2002

dear doctor,

ive posted my question in safe sex forum thrice and no reply, please reply me this time over. i kissed a unknown barmaid some 50 days back. not sure whether it was a deep kiss, very little saliva was involved.she drank frm my glass as well. i ve had all the symptoms of HIV since then, i had temperature the next day and the symptoms started appearing one by one. tiredness, loss of apetite, neck and shoulder pain, pain in stomach,swollen nodes,temperature etc etc. i visited a doctor and he mentioned viral fever. the symptoms have persisted all along till now, ive lost quite a bit of weight, i consulted a doctor again and told him abt the incident, he says all these are due to acute stress/anxiety and that i need not get tested. im still fatigued and worried, ive hav a white coating on my mouth with a dry feeling which the doc feels is pretty normal and says all the symptoms could be caused by my stress and my gastritis.my body aches all over and palms and feet are sweaty. can ARS last this long 1-50 days and still going?? is there any possibility of infection, considering the symptoms, ive been too damn stressed to do anything else but worry abt this,

im worrying my self to death. thanks fr u'r reply doctor

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worrying Self to Death,

HIV from kissing a barmaid (or barman, for that matter)??? Now think about that for a second. If HIV were spread that way, would anyone still be alive??? To answer your question: Is there any possibility of infection? In a word, no! So what about the symptoms? You already know the answer to that: Stress and anxiety are the causes. Your symptoms are quite classic fro stress/anxiety. So what to do? Get help for your stress/anxiety - therapy, counseling, medication, whatever it takes to help you overcome these irrational fears. And next time you see that barmaid, go ahead and give her a kiss! OK?

Stay well, feel better.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I'm so weak
Next
uneducated volunteer???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.