Fatigue and Aches/Symptoms

Dr. Bob:

Almost 11 weeks ago, I engaged in deep kissing, fingering and kissing of nipples with a female sex worker. She also gave me a protected oral sex followed by a handjob w/o a condom. I believe that all the above fit into a low risk category but I am deeply concerned about the kissing (open sores etc.). My concern stems from symptoms I have experiences and continue to experience now. These are back, shoulder, stomache and leg muscle aches and pains, mild temperature (up to 99), slightly raised nodes under armpits and leftside of the chest as well as a flush feeling in my face. Do you feel in your expert opinion that these may by signs of exposure to the HIV virus or ARV symptoms? Your comments would be very very greatfully received. I plan to perform a HIV test post 12 weeks.

Thank you and Godd bless.

You followed the safer sex guidelines and your risk, even with the "tonsil-hockey" activities is extremely low. Your symptoms - muscle aches and pains, flushed face, etc. - are not suggestive of HIV. A temp. up to 99 is completely normal and I'll bet you couldn't really tell a slightly raised lymph node form a normal one, now could you? So your risk is extremely now and symptoms are not suggestive for HIV. Your 12-week test will undoubtedly be negative and you'll be WOOHOOing soon. You're welcome! And "Godd" bless you too.

Stay well.

Provigil
whats on my tongue