Hello and thank you

Dr. Bob, I have never posted on this site before, but whenever I need a smile I read your responses. I am one of those worried about HIV persons... I had a girlfriend about 4 years ago who I had unprotected sex with. She told me she tested negative, I had to have a wart removed from the base of my penis awhile back, i assume I got from her. I started worrying about HIV this past year when I would feel "tingling" where the wart was, now I sometimes feel tingling and pinching in other areas whenever I get worked up over it, I keep reminding myself that my immune system is great and I hardly ever get sick, but I get anxiety attacks worrying about HIV and HIV testing. I read your responses for similar symptoms, and I know my fears are irrational and most likely due to stress...You have encouraged me to get therapy for my fears, and you always put a smile on my face whenever I need it. Thank you.

You are absolutely correct in assuming that "tingling" is a classic symptom for stress/anxiety and not at all related to HIV. I'm glad you are getting help dealing with your fears. I think you are well on your way to rationally conquering your irrational fears. Keep smiling and sign on anytime. A smile a day keeps the tingles away.

Stay well,

low rbc and surgery
Differentiating between depression and HIV related fatigue