Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hello and thank you
Jun 24, 2002

Dr. Bob, I have never posted on this site before, but whenever I need a smile I read your responses. I am one of those worried about HIV persons... I had a girlfriend about 4 years ago who I had unprotected sex with. She told me she tested negative, I had to have a wart removed from the base of my penis awhile back, i assume I got from her. I started worrying about HIV this past year when I would feel "tingling" where the wart was, now I sometimes feel tingling and pinching in other areas whenever I get worked up over it, I keep reminding myself that my immune system is great and I hardly ever get sick, but I get anxiety attacks worrying about HIV and HIV testing. I read your responses for similar symptoms, and I know my fears are irrational and most likely due to stress...You have encouraged me to get therapy for my fears, and you always put a smile on my face whenever I need it. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are absolutely correct in assuming that "tingling" is a classic symptom for stress/anxiety and not at all related to HIV. I'm glad you are getting help dealing with your fears. I think you are well on your way to rationally conquering your irrational fears. Keep smiling and sign on anytime. A smile a day keeps the tingles away.

Stay well,

Dr. Bob

Previous
low rbc and surgery
Next
Differentiating between depression and HIV related fatigue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.