Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Recurring Flu
Jun 23, 2002

Hi. I had a relatively low risk encounter(giving head to a guy with no ejaculation). I tested neg at 2 months. The only thing thats bothering me now is that i seem to have recurring flu symptoms, which are runny nose and sneezing. I don't feel sick or tired. It's just my nose seems to get stuffy and runny a lot and i sneeze. Could that be a sign of HIV? thanks a lot in advance for your response.(please answer my question)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yes, your risk of acquiring HIV would be extremely small, almost non-existent really. Your symptoms do not sound like HIV at all, but you could be a walking commercial for allergy/hayfever. Runny nose, repetitive sneezing without feeling sick - I'd be willing to bet that allergy is the cause. Try an antihistamine and decongestant. If not better, see your doctor or an allergist to get a prescription for non-sedating antihistamines and perhaps a nasal steroid spray. Relax, it's not HIV. Now blow your nose and go to the drug store.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Anemia, fatigue and rash, but DR won't test!
Next
Low WBC + Fatigue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.