Would you Approve of this?

I am one of those well worried guys. People at AIDS committee of Toronto refuse to talk to me. They say it is above them to help me since I have been told over and over again that I have nothing to worry about it. Would you consider their refusing to see me an inappropriate behavior for Professional counselor?

So exactly why do you want to talk to people who refuse to talk to you? Clearly you know that you are a "worried well guy" and the folks at the AIDS committee have told you over and over that you have nothing to worry about. Do I think their behavior is inappropriate? Well, that depends. How many more times would you like them to tell you that you have nothing to worry about? If both you and they agree that you don't have HIV and that your major problem is the "worry," then maybe you need to see a therapist about your irrational fears. Most HIV/AIDS centers don't have the capacity for long-term ongoing therapy, which may well be exactly what you need. Get a referral to a good therapist from your general medical doctor and hopefully soon you won't want (or have need) to talk to the AIDS committee and everyone will be happy.

Good luck. Stay well.

Hemolytic Anema
Broadway Part II