Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Would you Approve of this?
Jun 17, 2002

I am one of those well worried guys. People at AIDS committee of Toronto refuse to talk to me. They say it is above them to help me since I have been told over and over again that I have nothing to worry about it. Would you consider their refusing to see me an inappropriate behavior for Professional counselor?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

So exactly why do you want to talk to people who refuse to talk to you? Clearly you know that you are a "worried well guy" and the folks at the AIDS committee have told you over and over that you have nothing to worry about. Do I think their behavior is inappropriate? Well, that depends. How many more times would you like them to tell you that you have nothing to worry about? If both you and they agree that you don't have HIV and that your major problem is the "worry," then maybe you need to see a therapist about your irrational fears. Most HIV/AIDS centers don't have the capacity for long-term ongoing therapy, which may well be exactly what you need. Get a referral to a good therapist from your general medical doctor and hopefully soon you won't want (or have need) to talk to the AIDS committee and everyone will be happy.

Good luck. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hemolytic Anema
Next
Broadway Part II

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.