Thanks, Dr. Bob

Dear Dr. Bob,

I had never posed a question to you, but drew inspiration from your replies to others during a very stressful 24-week period. I just tested negative, and am putting this whole episode behind me.

All in all, I learned a lot about HIV/AIDS over the past 6-months. But even more, the whole experience made me realise how self-centered and narrow minded I was when dealing not only with HIV, but other issues of life, in general.

So once again, thank you, and keep up the excellent work improving people's "quality of life" which I think is more important and more interesting, at any rate! (Have you seen the movie Patch Adams? He reminds me so much of you, for some reason!)

I've also just been offered a place to pursue my graduate studies at Stanford (in a non-medical related field). If I decide to accept the offer, perhaps we might even meet and I can thank you in person.

I will send a donation to your foundation when I put some financial probs I currently have behind me. Until then, I'll certainly be extending my hand to anyone who needs help coping with anxiety, HIV, or otherwise.

Stay well, Dr. Bob, and God bless.

Thank you for your very kind words. All doctors could learn a lot from Patch Adams. Yes, I did see the movie and if you do decide to come to Stanford, you might also see Robin Williams who played the part of Patch in the movie, as I think he lives here in the Bay Area. I've run into him on the streets of San Francisco from time to time. He is one funny guy.

I'm delighted you found some inspiration from the postings on this site over the past 24 weeks. I'm hopeful that others reading this and fearful of being tested will gain inspiration from you and will soon be able to put their nightmares behind them as well.

So, congratulations and WOOHOO on your negative test! Hope to see you at Stanford sometime soon.

Stay well.

Fatigue and other mild symptoms
Yeah Im OK :)