Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Easy question
Jun 11, 2002

Hi Doctor

Doing a great job!

For a long time I have wondered why razor blades are no longer used at hair cutting shops, but clippers still are. It is very easy to puncture somones skin with electic clippers, and than do the same to the next client... Why is this considered less risky than useing razor blades? Is that perception valid?

Reason I ask is because one day i got cut by electric clippers in the barber shop, should i get tested?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

"Very easy to puncture someone's skin with electric clippers"??? Just where do you get your haircut? Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street? Barbers need some sharp tools to cut hair - scissors and clippers are much less risky than razors. Can you contract HIV from the barber's clippers? No, not unless they are dripping in fresh blood from an HIV-positive person. No need to be tested. Stay away from Sweeney Todd's place and you'll be fine.

By the way, nice haircut!

Dr. Bob

Previous
major fatigue & body aches-HELP!
Next
When undetectable will my doses be reduced?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.