Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

An old ? with a new twist
Jun 11, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob, Please excuse me for asking this question, but i really need to know if i am at risk for HIV. i was at a bar and sat down to use the toilet. after i wiped myself and got up, i noticed there was some blood on the inner part of the bowl. considering i was sitting towards the edge, i may have wiped it, and then my vagina. the blood was brown (which would mean it would be drying) but considering that blood is often brown at the end of the menstrual cycle, if it was the woman's blood who used the toilet right before me and is HIV + , then could i get it, being that it was just inside her body? should i be tested? i don't want to harm my boyfriend who thinks i'm crazy for thinking these things, but what if i'm right? i don't want to cause a life threatening mistake for him. i know i have anxiety disorder, but i want to know if i am right this time. thank you Dr. Bob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Brown gunk on the toilet seat? Yuk. And to think you gals constantly hound us about merely forgetting to put the seat back down when we're finished peeing!

Relax, my dear. You cannot catch HIV from toilet seats - brown or otherwise. Do you need to be tested? Nope.

"I know I have anxiety disorder but I want to know if I am right this time." Yes, my dear, you are absolutely right! You indeed to have an anxiety disorder.

Talk to your shrink, give your boyfriend a kiss, have another Cosmopolitan, and relax. You're fine. OK?

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
fatigued and scared
Next
major fatigue & body aches-HELP!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.