Jun 3, 2002
Can i get infected from somebody using a dirty needle on me performing an HIV test?
Response from Dr. Frascino
That's an odd question. Just where were you planning on going to get your HIV test done? Needle Park???
HIV can be transmitted by using contaminated needles. For instance, an HIV-infected IV drug user can transmit the virus by sharing his/her works with another person. However, places that offer HIV testing, such as doctors' offices, anonymous testing sites, hospitals, The Red Cross, etc. would never, ever re-use a needle.
So if you go get tested at any of the usual locations, your risk is non-existent.
Stop concocting wild tales. Get tested if you've been at risk.
Herpes and HIV transmission.
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Rare Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Vaginal Bacteria Infections Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.