Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Congratulations on your award
May 21, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob, I just read that you received this year's Bobbi Campbell AIDS Hero Award as part of the International AIDS Candlelight Vigil Ceremonies in San Francisco. Congratulations! You know you've been our HERO for many years. Please keep up the wonderfully inspired work you are doing. Have you really raised over 325,000 from your piano concerts? Wow, you mean you aside from being a compassionate and knowledeable physican and having the best sense of humor on the planet, you also play the piano well enough to raise big bucks??? You are more than a HERO, you're an inspiration. Dr. Bob you are loved. Shall we call you Dr. HERO now?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Dr. Hero??? Nah, too pretentious and besides, sounds like a comic book character, you know one of those nearly naked or spandex-clad muscle-bound guys with super powers. IK don't picture myself that way, except around Halloween, but that's a different story.

Yes, our Concerted Effort Concerts have been astonishingly successful. I certainly cannot take all the credit. The concerts involve 3 pianists - my lover Dr. Steve Natterstad (The Body's expert in the Spanish Forum), William Wellborn, a great friend and professor at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and myself. The $325,000 figure isn't quite right. It's actually over $600,000!!! Our next Bay Area event, A Concerted Effort 2002: A Concert for World AIDS Day, is scheduled for November 24, 2002 and includes not only the concert, but a culinary extravaganza, live and silent auctions, video clips, a champagne dessert reception, and other surprises.

The bad news is that my peripheral neuropathy makes it a bit challenging to play the piano. However, the good news is that the neuropathy is an excellent excuse for any and all wrong notes I might hit in concert. I should also mention that the money raised for these concerts is distributed to needy AIDS service organizations around the world. Applications for this year's granting cycle are available by writing to our foundation at:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Stay well. Thanks for your kind comments and don't forget to march in your local AIDS Candlelight Vigil next week!

Dr. Bob

Previous
obsessing w/ worry....NOT obessesed or worried anymore
Next
Urine and Mucus Membrane

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.