Please help !!!!!

IS THERE A WINDOW PERIOD FOR STDs AND OTHER INFECTIONS.

Please someone help me !!!! I am desperate and need your assistance. I did post write to this forum but did not receive any reply, please answer me. I have no STD and did not have sex with anyone else except my wife. The incident happen on 25th October 2001 is an isolated case and no other incidents after that.

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a married women (not sex worker) on 25th October 2001.

I have performed blood test for STD and HIV (antibodies I & II) on 9th November 2001 (2 weeks) after the exposure and the results were Negative for all the test. Still fearing that I might have infected with STD and HIV I decoded to undergo another test and had the same test repeated on 4th January 2002 (10 weeks) after the exposure and all the results were Negative. I also under went another blood test for VDRL and HIV (antibodies I & II) ELIAS/EIA method on 25th March 2002 (21.5 weeks) and the results were Negative. On the 24th April 2002 (26 weeks) underwent ELISA/EIA antibody test and the result was Negative.

My question : 1. Is there are window period for STDs and other infections? 2. Based on my test results do I need to go for further test?

I truly appreciate your reply. As I have written before and did not receive reply. Thank you very much.

OK, I'm a bit confused. Your question stated "I have no STD and did not have sex with anyone else except my wife." But then you tell me about an incident of "unprotected vaginal sex with a married woman on 25 October 2001." Unless the "married woman" happens to be married to you, I'd have to conclude that you have had sex with someone other than your wife. Right? At any rate, you've had multiple tests for STDs, all of which were negative up to 26 weeks after the incident. So, exactly why are you so desperate???

To answer your questions:

1. The window period is the time between getting infected and being able to diagnose that infection with various tests. Many diseases have a window period, but generally it's very short. HIV can have a window period that is relatively longer than that of many other illnesses. However, your negative tests at 26 weeks are absolutely conclusive that you do not have HIV and any of the other STDs commonly screened for - syphilis, gonorrhea, etc. So, relax. You are fine.

2. Do you need more tests? Absolutely not for STDs, including HIV.

Also, worried wells with repeatedly negative tests, please realize we cannot reply to each and every question. There are thousands of you out there. This forum is for HIV-related Fatigue and Anemia. Please post the "Am I infected?" questions to our Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum. And if you don't get a reply, please read some of the other questions that we do post and see if they apply to your situation. Common sense should be your guide. If you had an exposure, but have tested (and tested, and tested, and tested) negative, you should be able to guess what our response to you will be. The basic concepts are:

1. If you've placed yourself at risk, get tested. 2. If you are not sure if you were at risk or not, ask our Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum. 3. If you are negative, you're negative. Stop worrying and start WOOHOOing. 4. If you're positive, seed the advice of an HIV specialist in your area for further evaluation. 5. Like your mother always told you, "Never go out without your rubbers."

Stay well.

Confused about testosterone levels
YOUNG, GAY, SCARED AND SUICIDAL