|GI and Anemia
May 12, 2002
Are GI problems associated with ARS or only with Anemia? Also is Anemia common during ARS
Response from Dr. Frascino
Actually, GI symptoms are not all that common with anemia. The common anemia-related symptoms are fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, paleness, headaches, weakness, exercise intolerance, decreased sex drive, and inability to concentrate. Anemia is not all that common with ARS. It tends to have increased frequency with more advanced disease or if the person is on certain medications, such as those that contain AZT (retrovir, combivir, and trizivir. Hope that clarifies things for you. If not, write back and I'll try again.
Question - Needlestick
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Can Chlamydia Effect A Person's Everyday Life?
- How Do You Get Genital Warts On Your Butt?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
- What Causes Vaginal Dryness In Young Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.