Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Much respect to you
May 8, 2002

Dear Dr Bob, This is not a question merely an acknowledgment of the gratitude I and many others feel for your great sense of spirit and for the encouragement you offer to all those who visit your forum. Basically I am signing out of the worried well club ( with difficulty being the neurotic pessimist that I am) after a negative Ab/Ag test 14 weeks after possible heterosexual exposure ( drunk (very) sex with a Brazilian senhora for a small fee- wont be doing that again in a hurry). I have been obsessed to a pathological level with "el virus" and now I want to leave it behind. Anyway you made me laugh many times with your wit, and I am sure there are some days you must want to tell all those worried wells to "dejarte en paz" I hope you continue to enjoy life and that it treats you well, you strike me as being one of the good guys. regards A Scottish exile in Espaa p.s woooohoooo!!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Scottish Exile!

Where the hell is "Espaa?" Since your kind note is sprinkled with Spanish, I'll assume "Espaa" is "Espana."

I just love it when folks sign out of the worried-well club, especially neurotic pessimists! Hopefully, your story of being "obsessed to a pathological level with 'el virus' and now leaving it behind with the drunken Brazilian senhora will inspire others to do the same. No, not get drunk with a Brazilian streetwalker, but rather to accept the fact that we are all human. We all make mistakes, even the good guys in the white hats. Folks just need to realize HIV is not very easy to contract and 99% of worried wells are exactly that - worried and well.

Thanks for writing, Scottish Exile. Let's all "vivir en paz."

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please Help (Part II)_
Next
Excessive need for sleep

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.