ciao dr bob

Ciao Dr. Bob, if i didn't seroconvert at 172 days i won't seroconvert at 180, right?

I called the italian CDC and they told me they are adamant with the 6 months rule (window period here is 6 months) and that my test taken at 172 days isn't any good. I spoke to a doctor, not an operator. Should i remain confident in my 172 days 3rd generation assay with p24 or retest next week? My exposure: unprotected sex with girl of unknown status. My symptoms: 3 months of unexplicable sore throat and burning mouth. severe fatigue and malaise. no fever, no rashes, apparently no lymphadenopathy.

Thank you in advance doctor bob, and grazie mille, if you happen to come to italy i will be glad to see you here in tuscany.

Buon Giorno,

I'm sure the doctors at the Italian CDC are just following set guidelines. As an immunologist (an Italian immunologist at that!), I can assure you that a negative test at 172 days is the same as a negative test at 180 days. You're negative. Congratulations.

Tuscany! I have wonderful memories of my last trip there, exploring wonderful little towns from Siena to Montepulciano. So shall we meet in Viareggio or Forte dei Marmi for a dip in the sea and some sun? Or perhaps a cappuccino in San Gimignano?

Stay well.

Ciao,

ie...I need help
TOWEL??!!