The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

anymore testing after lies
May 3, 2002

Sir, i am a 21 year old male from India, where celibacy until marriage is advocated. celibacy in totality is the best that an indian aspires to be. And the fool that I am i had vaginal sex with a sex worker for something like 30 seconds with condom. After this i had oral sex with her and then hand job. I immediately asked for hiv testing after 12 weeks, but was ashamed to tell the doctor i had sex, instead i told him i had a needle prick. The results came back negative. Does my false information to my doctor affect my test results? or are all testing done on same basis. Am i free now, Can i leave my guilt behind and look forward to a new life of celibacy?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Total celibacy until marriage? OK, if that's what you really want, but I can't imagine why. I have the feeling your doctor has probably had a fair number of people come to the office saying they sustained a "needle prick" and asking for an HIV test.

To answer your question, the information you gave your doctor will not affect your test results. Can you leave your guilt behind? Sure. You practiced safer sex and you tested negative at 3 months. Besides, in my opinion, sex (safer sex) is not something we should ever feel ashamed about. Can you look forward to a new life of celibacy? Hmmmmm, sure. But personally, that is not exactly something I would look forward to. Of course, I'm Italian and Italy is a long way from India. Whatever you decide, stay safe and you'll stay healthy.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

2 positive Elisas and a negative Western Blot
Next donations

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint