2 positive Elisas and a negative Western Blot

Posting this here as well as the Safe sex forum as I never get a reply there

Was chatting with the technician drawing my blood today (12 weeks after possible exposure). She told me not to worry if I am positive after the initial test. She had a girl from mainland China who had two positive Elisas and then a negative Western Blot. Seems some sort of medicinal herbs she was taking confused the test.

BTW she said they get false results 5 of the time. Is this normal? Therefore should I get another test in case this one falls in that 5?

OK, now take a good look at that technician's nametag. Do you see anything on there that even remotely looks like "M.D.?" No? I didn't think so. Getting your medical information from the blood-drawing technician is like getting your stock tips and financial advice from Madge, your manicurist! I'm sure she means well and she's probably darn good at drawing blood, but trust me, there is probably a very good reason why after name it says "technician," rather than "M.D."

To answer your question, no, false results do not occur 5 percent of the time. If they did, the test would be nearly useless.

So remember, no medical advice from the technician, and no stock tips from the manicurist either.

Stay well.

Why are u soo nice?
anymore testing after lies