Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condom slippage
Apr 22, 2002

Hi, nothing to do with fatigue even though my wife says I now sleep a lot, which i think is stress related.

I did a very dumb thing 11 weeks ago. I slept with a sex worker. I was far from home (Thailand), very tired and encouraged to get a sex massage by the Traditional massuer i was using to relax. "Come to Thailand you must get sex massage" Well i was gullible and headed off into the night. I got what I "wanted" and discovered on pulling out that the thai condomn had slipped about halfway down my penis. Does this constitute slippage? Does it put me at risk? Are Thai condoms OK?

What made it worst (this is embarrassing), I found out on withdrawal that the sexy young thing I was with was a transvestite. I am new to anal, and hated myself.

Symptoms hit next morning and continued for nearly 4 weeks. Felt like i had a fever, felt flushed, BUT no temperature (between 36.4 and 37.2 every day). Felt nauseus 3 times in the past 3 months. had a sore throat and cough (many people do) had a bad crusty eye for a couple of days and a firey tongue for 2 days.

I read that condom slippage is bad news. is this what happened to me?

Week 12 is in 7 days. I am going to get a test. Anxious? For the first 8 weeks during the symptoms, hell yeah.

I have not been sleeping with my wife (or anyone else) since that incident...but I really miss sex so i have to take the 3 month test.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Slippage bad news? Well, I guess that would depend on the degree. You report you were still "halfway" covered. Assuming the action end of your saber was still tightly sheathed, you should be fine. Are Thai condoms OK? I haven't heard any reports to the contrary, so I'm assuming their latex is as good as ours.

Your symptoms - non-existent fever, crusty eye, and fiery tongue - are not suggestive of acute HIV infection.

As for not noticing the sexy young thing was a transvestite, well what can I say? Maybe have your vision checked?

Hopefully, by now, you've had your 3-month HIV test and the results came back negative, as I suspect they will.

Your anxiety and probably even the anxiety-related symptoms of fatigue, sleepiness, and worry will most likely disappear as soon as you realize you're negative.

If you think you are missing sex, how about your wife? I'm sure she's beginning to wonder as well. Plan a romantic evening to make it up to her and to celebrate (WOOHOO!) your negative status. I would not recommend you go out for Thai food and then watch "The Crying Game" movie, but anything else should be fine.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hopes and Dreams in your hands!
Next
trizivir and fatigue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.