Fatique/Depression and medication

Hi Doc. I was diagnoised w/HIV 12/7/01. Test show low testosterone so I went on the Gel replacememnt. Depression had also set in, so I went on Celexa. I am not on HIV Meds. since my doc says not necessary with my Viral load at 41,000 copies and CD4 at 461. But my main question is the Celexa makes me sleep, have been on it for 4wks and have slept the entire 4wks almost. The testosterone Gel does not help to increase my level, because I still have no energy. I do go to the gym but do not last long. I don't know what else to do. My doc is an HIV expert, but seems like my body works opposite to depression meds, and the Gel does not work for me. Please Help.

Thank You.

Regarding your testosterone, your dose may need to be adjusted. Your level was low before you started the AndroGel, so now that you've been on the medication for a few weeks, you should recheck your testosterone level. If it's not in the mid-normal range, you may need to increase your dose.

Somnolence (sleepiness) can be a side effect of Celexa in about 18% of folks who take it. You might need to try an alternate medication. Perhaps even counseling without medications might work for you. Certainly sleeping for 4 weeks at a time is not an option, unless you really like that "sleeping beauty" fairytale. The trouble there is finding the handsome prince to wake you up and take your to never-never land. Handsome princes are so hard to come by these days!

Also be sure to check for other common causes of HIV-related fatigue, especially anemia.

parler de Paris
COINFECTION IMPORTANT