|What causes you to bruise easy?
Apr 22, 2002
I am bruising real easy, you touch me and I get a bruise, other than being anemic what could it be?
Response from Dr. Frascino
What could be causing your bruising? Ummmm . . . maybe you live with Mike Tyson???
Kidding aside, anemia does not cause easy bruising; however, low platelets, called thrombocytopenia, are associated with easy bruisability. Other causes include medications, like aspirin or steroids.
So if you are living with Mike Tyson, move out. If you are still bruising easily, see your doctor for an evaluation.
DEAD MAN WALKING
parler de Paris
- What Is The Hpv Titer Blood Test?
- What Is The Difference Between Syphilis And Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Hives And Shingles?
- What Is The Causative Agent Of Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.