had sex with hiv+ person

Hi, doctor

I'm writing to you because I really need advice I had an affair at work with a guy I slept with him twice in July and then the relationship picked up again by the end of December up until March 4th. That was the day he decided to come clean and tell me he has been HIV+ for 7 years he got it through a needle he was a drug user. I could not believe this because I trusted him so much. I know your question is "did you use protection?" Yes, I did all the time and I would ask myself why is he so careful and wow he really cares about me because he would never do anything without a condom. As he told me this over the phone I panicked I headed straight down to the Planned Parenthood to be tested that was 4 days after my last exposure and the test came back negative. I also had another one done at my doctors office 2 weeks later and it was negative by then my mental health had deteroriated and as I got on the internet my fears got worse and worse I spoke to his doctor who is an infectious disease specialist and told me to try not to worry because he is a non-progressor and he has never had to take any meds he actually is in very good health and his viral load is undetecatble. I did not believe my tests because I was testing within the window period so at exactly 1 month I tested again and it was negative my HIV counselor didn't want to test me because he assures me that I'm fine and he told me it would be negative and it was. I will have another one at two months and at three months my hiv counselor says that it is enough. I'm seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist because I don't believe I will stay negative for long. After all I told you do you think I will be okay? I really need an honest answer for I really just want to know the truth...I always was protected with him.......don't know what to do...I have tried numerous times to get in touch with Ryan Kull but he never answers my questions.....I'm not like the other people who didn't know their partners status but I was with someone who is HIV+.......help me , please

You mention several times that you used "protection" every time. The word "protect" means to shield from injury or danger. And that's exactly what the latex condom did for you. It protected you! Your tests are negative and will stay negative. HIV cannot travel through latex. I'm very glad you are seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist, because your problem is one of irrational fear, not HIV. Even though you know your partner's HIV status is positive, you are exactly like many others who write in with similar concerns. You are worried and you are well. You are not HIV-positive.

Feel better. Stay well. Continue to use protection and you'll stay safe from HIV.

My doc doesn't think an HIV test is necessary
DEAD MAN WALKING