I dreamt about you in Australia!!!

I know this forum is not about dreams, but beleive it or not I dreamt about you last night.

We didn't talk about HIV or anemia. I was talking to you about my life and what I do and you were kind of impressed.

So, I thought since I am concerned - if you came to my dream than I might have the right to come into your forum.

Here is my "simple" question. After possible incertive sexual exposure with possible breackage of condom and uknown status of sex worker - as I am not sure now whether condom has broke on me or not. I performed the follwoing test, with all negative results

1. Seven Elisa's (last one at 4 months.

2. p24 Antigen 5 weeks.

3. HIV RNA and DNA at 7 weeks

4. CT Cell count at 5 and 7 weeks (CT4 being in 800' and 53. CT4 and CT8 (190) ratio over 3.5

5. HCV RNA and Antibody at 4 months. (I was afraid that Hep C might interfere with HIV delayed antibodies).

How conclusive is this and do I need to test further. I have seen four HIV specialist here in Australia and all four of them said to me that I do not need to test further - but I don't beleive none of them.

Got freaked out with CDC recommendation to test at 6 months and some of doctors on this forum also suggesting 6 months window period.

In Australia, UK and Europe the window period recommendation is 3 months. Why difference? and What I should do?

I need an answer (please) and I am not using dream to suck you in - it did happened.

Hello Aussie,

How are things in Oz? In your dream, I certainly hope we were having a nice filet of John Dory at Doyle's on the Beach at sunset. (as opposed to eating vegemite sandwiches while listening to Kylie Minoche)

Usually, "breakage" of the condom is not a subtle occurrence. I think you would recognize it if this happened. It's kind of like putting a sweater on over your head. You know when your head pokes through the opening, right? Well, it's a similar story with your condom and your other "head," so to speak. So chances are the condom did not break (or "breack").

You've had lots of tests, including RNA and DNA, and T-cell counts, all of which are negative. By the way, hepatitis C does not delay HIV antibody production. It's the other way around: HIV may prevent the immune system from making hepatitis C antibodies.

You've seen 4 Australian HIV specialists and they all agree, but you don't believe them. Why do you think they would be conspiring against you? The CDC bases their recommendations on significant exposures and 3 tests, one as soon as possible after exposure, one at 3 months, and one at 6 months. Your exposure was extremely low: "possible insertive sexual exposure." (What does that mean?) and "possible breakage of condom" (most likely not!).

Aussie, you have more of a chance of being strangled to death by a giant mutant koala bear than having HIV. Stop worrying. Go pet a kangaroo.

Stay well. Pleasant dreams!

anxiety taking over
WooHoo from worried-well/worried-sick