needlestick

hi dr bob,

I was touched by your response to extremely scared kid' who thought he was stuck by a needle and contracted hiv.. hopefully he is well.

Unfortunately, such stories are not all boogieman urban myths.. the very thing happened to me when i was 13, another 13 year old thought it would be "funny" to see my reaction to being stabbed by a needle he had found on a coffee table.

If there are any villians in the HIV saga its the drug users exposing their kids to drugs and infectious diseases, using prostitution to get the next fix.. and handing the disease on, why homophobia and racism even exist yet druggies are afforded all sorts of medicare and help denied to others is just fucked up. We put psychos in preventative dentention, why not these people?

damn right i'm angry.

And for the worried well.. the people that have faced up to their fears and have got tested surely deserve to have access to the information they need, give the doc a break..

testing will releive your anxiety one way or the other. We all have felt the 'big sick' of crushing depression and anxiety facing and HIV test, but it ends with an HIV test.

Imagine someone is pointing a gun at your head.. an + HIV test lets you start running at least..

continued health for you and you partner!

Behind every urban legend, there may be small fragments of truth. Obviously, the 13-year-old was not trying to infect you with HIV, hepatitis C, or anything else. He just wanted to see you jump. That's different from a psychopath trying to infect people at random in a crowd. Nonetheless. I really appreciate your comments.

Stay well. Don't be too angry. Try, instead, to make a difference. Try to channel the anger into positive energy.

Stay well!

WooooooHoooo From Worried Well
Re: Precum