Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WooooooHoooo From Worried Well
Apr 11, 2002

Hi Doc

What a ride!!! Low risk exposure last fall.You even told me so.

Week 6 after exposure suffered fatigue. NEG Elisa at 7 weeks (I know way too soon)

Symptoms continue w/ swollen nodes on neck (at least I think they were)fatigue, muscle aches, night sweats, generalized itching(Neg Elisa at 15 weeks) Feel good for 2 days then I keep reading that there is a very small chance that 3.5 month test is not entirely conclusive. What do you know symptoms continue now including dry skin, burning, tigling right hand etc.. (NEG Elisa 23 weeks) WooooooHoooooo.

I've been through living hell the past 6 months. I'm lucky my wife has not divorced me and I still have my job, even though my performance has been questionable lately.

Now I know my symptoms are not HIV related and if they continue I will go to find out what they are. I only regret that I have wasted 6 months fixated on HIV and failed to go to Doctor.

Thank you Dr. Bob and to all at The Body.com I am enclosing a donation to your foundation and will do so every year from now on

GOD BLESS (EX-WORRIED WELL)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear Ex-Worried Well!

Thank you and woohoo! I'll post your comments to help others with their "living hell." The foundation will use your generous gift to help the Names Project show the AIDS Memorial Quilt in schools and churches!

Your halo just got a bit brighter!

With sincere thanks,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Macrocytosis & Fatigue
Next
needlestick

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.