A fan from Hong Kong

Hi Dr.Bob. I am your fan from Hong Kong. For the past 3 weeks I have been reading your reply to the questions on this forum repeatedly and always feel better and less suicidal afterwards. I must thank you for that. Here's my story: I am a male 21, had a possible exposure (6 weeks ago) and am still waiting to get tested. Based on what I learnt from your site, I realize my chance of getting infected with HIV is low - Protected virginal sex and unprotected oral sex w/ a prostitute of unknown HIV status(For the first and last time of my life). But I am still having all the typical ARS symtoms: Swollen lymph nodes on Neck and groin, mild night sweats, and rashes...which completely freak me out. As with all the other WW, I understand that I am in the wrong forum, but I really really need your reassurance, you have no idea how much this could help. The folks over here have no sympathy at all!!

A HK Fan

Hi HK Fan,

I have loads of sympathy for you! If your risk was really "PROTECTED," you have nothing to worry about. HIV does not pass through latex. I smiled when I read your question, because you wrote, "protected VIRGINAL sex." Now if that's really the case, then you absolutely have nothing to worry about. However, even if it was "vaginal" instead of "virginal," I'm still quite certain you are fine.

Your symptoms must be related to some other problem. Check it out with your physician. Everything may "magically" clear up when you finally believe you are not HIV-infected. Now go have a nice bowl of hot and sour soup, some dim sum, and relax!

You're fine, OK?

Types of Anemia
LOW B-12AND WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT