Types of Anemia

I have been anemic since a young age. I was treated then as having iron deficiency anemia. My question is, how does one know what kind of anemia one has if no further tests are run, just that my red blood counts are always low?

Thank You

Hi Cathy,

Well perhaps the tests were run when you were "a young age." If not, you are correct. Even the "psychic hot line" can't tell the cause of your anemia without doing the appropriate tests. Talk to your doctor. S/he should have the answer for you. If not, and if they aren't willing to evaluate your anemia, search for a new, more compassionate, and knowledgeable physician.

boosting testosterone only on occasion
A fan from Hong Kong