|Dr Bob, pls help, need your opinion.
Apr 11, 2002
Dear Dr Bob, I know the chances of this query will not be posted as chances are you will classified it as a worried well question. However, I will still proceed, as I desperately need you professional view. 7 months after a very high risk exposure I gathered enough courage to go for a blood test. I have experienced all the myriad ARS symptoms within 4-6 weeks after the exposure. Till now I still have swollen nodes in several parts of my body ((head, neck and groin) and this was verified by the Dr whom I have consulted. The nodes have been around for 6 months now. With Blessing from God, I got the result 2weeks ago and its NEGATIVE from the Dr but the lab result slip wasnt shown to me as the result was obtained through tel. The Dr mentioned that the result SHOULD be accurate and I shouldnt be concern. I tried asking for a biopsy for the nodes but the Dr declined and mentioned that no one will perform a biopsy on nodes that are less than 1cm. (FYI, my nodes size varies from 0.5-1cm). He asked me not to worry and also assured me from the CBC/ESR result that I do not have any chronic infection nor cancer. From your professional view: 1. Should I forget about the whole incident and carry on with my life? 2. Get other specialists to biopsy the nodes (but first I need to know whether his statement is true as in 'no one will biopsy nodes that are 0.5cm in size). 3. Get another test done in other medical center.
Thanking you in advance
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Forget the incident and carry on with life? Well, I wouldn't forget the incident because I don't think you want to have any more "high-risk exposures." Carry on with life? Absolutely. You are HIV negative. 2. Biopsy small 0.5 - 1 cm nodes? No, why would you want to do that? You're HIV negative. Your CBC and ESR are normal. Why poke holes in your self? Lymph nodes are supposed to go up and down periodically. That's normal and not a cause for alarm. Leave them alone. 3. Get another test at another medical center? Why? Do you have extra cash you want to throw away on useless, repetitive tests? I suggest taking that cash and giving it to a needy charity. You'll feel a lot better.
Medical Treatment Accident
Restless legs and arms
- Cold Hands After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.