similar disease like HIV

Hello Doctor,

I have a question which makes perfect sense to me. I had an exposurew with a black woman 6 months ago. After two weeks of the exposure..I developed flu symptoms and rashes that came and went away in 6 hours. Now I have gone through various tests (all for HIV) and it has come back negative. I really am convinced that I do not have HIV but since HIV comes like this isnt it possible that I could have caught a disease like HIV that is not coming up on tests. It seems to me that a syndrome like this comes only in HIV or other life threatening diseases. Please comment . the rashes have really bothered me and I cant get on with my life thinkoing that I am sure I have something like HIV if not HIV itself.

Very Concerned

Hello Very Concerned,

Your question may make "perfect sense" to you but your logic makes no sense at all from a medical perspective. Flu-like symptoms and rashes are extremely common and usually related to transient self-limiting viral infections that are only as serious as a common cold. These symptoms are not indicative of life-threatening diseases. No, this is not HIV; your tests are negative. No, this is not some other serious condition. I'd suggest it's time to put those irrational fears to rest. Now, that's what would make perfect sense to me. OK?

Stay well.

Clinically hypogonadic.. what should I do?
rashes