Need a HIV Doc in Palm Springs

Almost 70 weight lifter here again. Thanks for your imput. I have got my partner busy pulling up the sites which you recomended. Again I am asking for your help. We are planing to relocate to Palm Springs in about two months, going to both retire. Have had a place there for 3 years and now we are going to make it our home. ( Have a guest room if you ever get there) So, I will need a new Doctor. The one man I have heard a lot about, a Dr. Northfelt, I learned today, is relocating to Arizona. I am a vet so have VA benefits, and know there is a large facility at Loma Linda Also have Medicare and a Medi-Gap policy. Do you have any suggestions as to whom I might try and see. Thanks again, you have no idea how refreshing you are, and how much you are appreciated. The world needs more of your type of Docs.....

Hello Gym-Guy,

I love Palm Springs. I'm sure you'll be happy there, although the summer can be a bit intense.

Don Northfelt is one of my good friends. He and I were almost partners here in the Bay Area before he decided to move to the desert. Yes, you are correct, he closed his practice at the end of March and moved to Scottsdale to join the Mayo Clinic. I'm sure he'll be dearly missed in Palm Springs. I know the names of the other physicians who treat HIV in Palm Springs, but I don't know them personally, as I always referred folks to Don. I'd suggest checking with the local AIDS service organizations, like Desert AIDS Project, to see whom they would recommend. You could also just spend some time poolside at Inn Exile or The Mirage and ask around. It's a relatively small community and I've always found the locals very friendly. By the way, they have a very nice Gold's Gym near the airport. (Just drive down Ramone Street and turn left at the Fat Burger restaurant and you're there. No kidding, that's really where it is!)

Yes, I do get to Palm Springs periodically. I went to see Don Northfelt often. Also, my foundation has given a small grant to the AIDS Assistance Program there, which provides food for HIV-positive folks who can't afford it. So perhaps our paths will one day meet over an adult beverage at Hunters, or on a nature walk at Joshua Tree, or perhaps, more likely, doing chest presses at Golds.

Stay well. Don't forget your sunscreen.

Dr. Bob, Please help a gal in distress, as I have generalized swollen nodes??????????
3 U. blood & also vomitting a lot