HELP ME

Approx 4 months ago I had unprotected oral sex with a woman I picked up at a bar (gave and received). I have not been tested for HIV but have been tested for other STD's all of which tests have been negative. Over the last few days I have been light headed and dizzy but not tired, just extremely stressed. Is this a symptom of HIV?

Hello, This forum is devoted to issues related to fatigue and anemia. Briefly, the answer to your question is that your risk factor is unprotected oral sex with a partner whose HIV status is unknown. You mention you are lightheaded and dizzy and stressed, but not tired. These types of symptoms are not specifically related to HIV. Transmission of the virus via oral sex is possible but the risk is much lower than anal or vaginal receptive sex. The only way to determine for sure if you've contracted the virus, even in spite of relatively low potential risk, is to have an HIV blood test. This can be done anonymously in many centers in the US. Your symptoms are probably more related to the stress and anxiety related to your potential exposure. Get tested - it will most likely be negative and this would put your mind at rest. Re-testing again in 6 months after a possible exposure is also recommended. I will post this response on the HIV Prevention Forum site as well. I suggest you review the information at that site for additional information. Good luck. RJF

Increased intake, no loss, no gain
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL DYING !!!!