Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ask an Expert !
Apr 2, 2002

Dr. Franscino,

Your forum is truly a welcomed site for encouragement, comfort and also friendly humor. God bless you for carrying this message!

3 1/2 years ago I addressed my addiction of alcohol and drug usage, and began to grow personally and spiritually. Then about 18 months ago, I was diagnoized with HIV. I thought the bottom had fallen out, yet was taught that there was a higher power I could turn to with these feelings.

Which bring me to this lettter, since I have met the most wonderful people in my life. I have an HIV+ sponsor that actually recommended your site during our first meetings. Also, I have a gay AA sponsor, walking me through the other issues and area's of growth. He said just two weeks ago, if it doesn't go away, call your doctor. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you the medical advice.

Well, having some level of pride (honestly, just a higher level of fear) hate to take simple questions like these to my doctor everytime something pops up. Yet your forum, gives a person the anonymous forum to ask any and all questions in confidence. You can't image how important that is for me.

So THANK YOU again, for your powerful messages you post WORLDWIDE. . .

St. Louis, MO

p.s. I love the Phillipene "massage-n-handjob" posting.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "St. Louis, MO."

Congratulations Mr. "MO," you have made some very positive changes in your life and I'm delighted you are enjoying the benefits of your decision to confront your problems.

As for asking your doctor questions, don't be shy! You're paying him, remember. A physician's primary role is to provide you with information and advice so you can make wise decisions regarding your health. If you have lots of questions popping up that are not urgent, just write them down and bring that list of questions with you to your next visit.

Of course, we here at The Body would be delighted to receive any and all questions, especially if you don't mind my occasional "wise ass" answers.

Stay well, St. Louis!

Keep those questions coming!

Dr. Bob

Previous
osteite diabet type 2 gras
Next
THANK YOU - SADLY I HAVE TO REVERT TO YOU

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.