GOING CRAZY PLEASE HELP ME

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I am a 19 year old kid from Alaska. I go to school and play baseball in San Diego. On March 2nd I had unprotected sex with a prostitute for about 4 minutes in Tijuana after she had been giving me oral and rubbed my penis with her teeth a bit. I am positive that she did not draw blood and did not bleed on me whatsoever, but over the past month i have been worried sick about contracting HIV from that incident. I was tested for std's and HIV at one week after exposure and tested negative for everything, but I know this means nothing with the HIV exposure. Both of my upper eyes were irritated and dry until my Dr. prescribed amoxycillin, then it went away for the 2 weeks i was on it but has come back recently. I also have been reading a lot about the symptoms of acute HIV infection. I have not had a fever yet, but i have had a sore neck mostly in the back of my neck and in the morning, off and on diarrhea, some fatigue, some weight loss, light headedness and some off and on runny nose. I also developed a nervous tick in my right eyelid and my stomach seems to growl alot after I eat. Sir I am worried sick and would just like some input if I am going crazy or if I am in some serious trouble. This has started to control my life and I can barely think about anything else. I am a smarter person for going through this and will never do this to myself again. I know that there is no way to tell until being tested 2 more months from now, but I would just like some input on my odds and also if std's can be discovered by tests a week after you contract them. I have had no discharge or sores on or from my penis and my tongue seems fine.

Thankyou so much for looking at my post and you would have no idea how much a response would mean to me doc. Thankyou very much sir.

sincerely, a very worried person

Hello Very Worried Person,

So the question is: Are you "going crazy or in some serious trouble?" Well, I'd say neither. However, there is no doubt you definitely are "a very worried person." But you knew that already, right?

Now for the facts. Insertive oral sex carries a relatively low risk. Your symptoms are not suggestive of an acute seroconversion reaction for HIV, nor are they suggestive of any STD. Your STD screen 1 week after the exposure would rule out the common sexually transmitted diseases. Your chances of testing HIV-positive at 3 months are extremely low, but you should have that test to put your mind at lease once and for all.

Your 4-minute mistake in Tijuana was probably nothing more than that. Blame it on the tequila, consider it a lesson well learned, and rest assured that you are doing the right thing now and that your chances of having contracted anything are extremely low.

Go play some ball in the San Diego sun, or catch some salmon in the Alaskan wild. Your symptoms will magically disappear when your stress and anxiety over this incident resolve. We all make mistakes whether it's 4 minutes in Tijuana or one night in Bangkok. It's human nature. Don't be too hard on yourself. OK? I'm quite sure you are fine.

Stay well.

haircut can transmit HIV ?
Blood Transfusion?