Can I ask you this Dr Bob

Dr Bob, I have a question and don't want to ask the other Dr's on thebody because they can be a little lacking in empathy.Has anyone every been misdiagnosised with HIV or is the testing 100 infalable.Can other infections or illness other than HIV should up as a VL ? I know its a dump question but recent had another HIV test drawn to see if i was pos,I have already tested HIV and was wondering why they do another test seems dump to me,but it cruel too because it gives you a false hope that it could come back neg.I 'm having a transplant due to not been able to get into remission.Out of all the tests i endured this was the cruelest of all.Thank you Sir.

HIV testing is now considered to be extremely accurate - but 100%? Well, nothing in medicine is really 100%. For instance, could the lab mix up blood specimens? Yes, it could happen, but certainly not very often and, in fact, very, very rarely.

As to your second question - no, no other infections or medications, foods, or a lunar eclipse, for that matter, will show up on an HIV viral load test if you don't have HIV.

I can't tell what type of transplant you're scheduled to receive, but good luck! And there is no such thing as a dumb (or dump) question in this forum!

Best of luck.

please post
I am finally saying it! Just to read!