hiv concern

Hi, Please respond this question because I think my two test results are false-negative. One at 6 weeks and another at 11 weeks and 5 days. Please keep this site going forever!!! Cant thank you enough.

Back on 10/20/2001, I had sex with a sex worker while she was on her period with a condom (no breaks and no slipping off penis).

I read on your site that hiv can pass through the skin of a penis. Well, my skin covered half of the penis head, so I used my (left and right ) thumbs and the two fingers closet to the thumb to pull the skin so that it covers the penis. I noticed that there was blood on the skin and near the base of the penis after I got home.

One or two weeks later, I had a rash or pimple-like bump on the side of my penis and near the base of the penis. I suspect it was caused by her blood out on my skin. Then on 12/27/2001, I had a pimple or rash-like right in the middle of my back. I dont recall having any swollen lymph nodes yet or diarrhea or fever yet. I have congested nose since then (my doc told it was allergy on 12/5/2001). Armpit, groin, and neck areas seem to be ok, no bumps yet and no pain yet.

i am also slightly anemic, so will i be a late converter since i'm an anemic person? thank you. hey doctor, it's tom again.

i forgot to tell you that i also tested hiv antibody negative at week 17 and 2 days...so can anemia make me a late converter? thank you again.

Hi Tom,

Now where did you read that HIV can pass through the skin of a penis? Not on this site I hope! Generally speaking, HIV cannot pass through intact skin. It can get into cuts or mucus membranes, like the lining of the urethra. However, in your case, the urethra was covered with a condom. Your pimple and/or rash were exactly that - a pimple and/or a rash, not HIV! Your 3 negative tests are not false. Quite the opposite, they are very true. You're negative.

You certainly could be anemic, but it is not a result of HIV. And anemia will not cause seroconversion to be delayed. You should check with your doctor to find out why you are anemic. There are many potential causes - iron deficiency, vitamin deficiency, blood loss, etc. This should be fairly easily sorted out.

Continue to practice safe sex, each time and every time. Remember, don't turn molehills into mountains (or pimples into HIV!).

Stay well.

Fan Mail
Worried sick? or worried well?