very new

I am only nineteen and just found out three days ago that I am HIV positive they didnt tell me anymore then that. No information or anything I think my only question is am I gonna die? and can you recommend places to find more info

Hello -

Sorry to hear about your positive test. Are you going to die? Well, hopefully only from old age. I'm HIV-positive, too. I've been positive since 1991, if that helps. I don't know where you are writing from, but it's important that you seek out the advice of a competent HIV specialist. Certainly there is a lot of information (and mis-information) on the Internet. Several of the best sites to try for basic information include:

www.projectinform.org www.hivliving.org www.gmhc.org

as well as searching around on this excellent site - thebody.com.

But in addition to this, you really need a personal physician who can monitor your condition and advise you if and when treatment would be warranted. If you live in the U.S., check your local phone book for AIDS service organizations. They might be able to help put you in touch with a competent and compassionate HIV specialist physician.

You are not alone, my friend. We are in this together. OK? Write back if you are having difficulty finding a physician in your area.

Blood results and Symptons
What would you do?