WoHo...can you please explain something to me?

Hello again,

Okay, I understand that the RNA/Elisa after 2.5 months is conclusive...but then you said something that confused me. So, if you have time, could you please clarify a couple of things?

1)Isn't an exposure an exposure? Why would being stuck create a need for testing out to six months and a wild fling over a hot-tub be conclusive? Did it take you six months to test positive?

2)Are Antibody tests more sensitive than they used to be...thus the manufacturer saying testing after 8 weeks is conclusive?

3)Does Valtrex lower HIV viral load???

You are excellent for this website by the way; I think it would go under without you.

Sorry for the confusion.

1. Exposures vary by level of risk. My exposure was from a person with advanced-stage AIDS, and it involved a puncture and laceration with a hollow-bore needle that contained blood from the patient. Therefore, the risk of seroconversion was higher than your wild fling over the hot tub with someone who may or may not even be HIV positive. So if I got a negative test at 2.5 months, I'd be very happy, but I'd still want to retest at 6 months, because of the high risk nature of the exposure. If you got a negative test at 2.5 months, you should just woohoo!

2. Antibody tests are getting better and better with improved technology.

3. No, Valtrex has no effect on HIV. Valtrex treats herpes viruses. HIV is a lentivirus and retrovirus - a completely different species.

Hope this puts your mind at ease so you can relax rather than worry in that hot tub.

Stay well.

Procrit Pills?
Italian Stallion