Procrit Pills?

Hey What's Up Doc? Does that Procrit stuff come in pill form? Just found out I'm anemic but don't think I'd be crazy about 3 pricks a week. 69-er dude

Hey Mr. Dude,

Your screen name is "69-er dude" and your question states you "don't think you'd be crazy about 3 pricks a week?" Oh, could I make a comment about that line . . . except John Ashcroft might have me arrested.

OK back to the topic - Procrit does not come in an oral formulation. That's the bad news. The good news is that you don't need to inject it 3 times per week. Recent studies have shown it works just as well with a once-per-week dosing schedule. It's self-administered with a tiny needle just under the skin. (i.e. "a tiny prick") Procrit stimulates the production of new red blood cells, which corrects the anemia. It's been shown in clinical trials to increase energy level and quality of life for HIV-positive anemic patients. It's even associated with improved survival.

So, 69-er dude, I hope the news of "one little prick" a week is good news for you, but then again . . . .

Keep smiling. Write back if you have any other questions or concerns.

What I did, How I feel, what to do?
WoHo...can you please explain something to me?